Monday, February 1, 2010

Day Twenty-Seven - Pescetarian (224 Days til 30)


"We are all Cinderella. No matter what our size. Within each one of us there is a unique beauty and grace. Finding that Beauty, however isn't easy. See, Cinderella had to first recognize that her problem wasn't her evil step mother. Her problem was that it was easier to hide out cleaning the house then it was to go out and find happiness. She needed a Fairy Godmother, to empower her with the self confidence it takes to reject the insecurities brought on by unrealistic overachieving airbrushed anorexic princess images in the media. It took some very large ovaries from Cinderella to make a change. To trade in her scrub brush for a fabulous pair of dancing shoes. But Boy! Was it worth it."

What if you could be your own Fairy Godmother? You could wave a wand and make yourself beautiful, skinny, and put yourself in a pretty dress. Would you do it? Would you make yourself beautiful? Well here is the best news ever, You Are!

I just finished watching this made for TV movie, that renewed some spirit in me. Lifetime had a original film today called the Cinderella Pack. It was the cutest movie I have ever seen. Its about a woman named Nola Devlin (Poppy Montgomery) who, along with her friends, are tired of being overworked and overweight. They band together to create the “Cinderella Pact,” vowing to lose pounds by following the advice of their “fairy godmother,” who is in actuality Devlin herself. When her secret identity is threatened, Devlin is forced to take her own alter ego’s advice.

It made me really think about how I have been feeling lately. I have to be honest, I have been a bit miserable the past couple of days. I have been visiting funky town, and my next train out has been delayed. I have honestly not even worked out since Thursday and I feel miserable about it. I am not sure whats going on. But something is not right. I really want to be my own fairy godmother. So why am I not waving my wand. I feel terrible. I feel alone. This is where I would comfort myself with food, and I can't. So what do I do?

I watch movies. I am just happy that the movie I watched today was this. It made me see that not everything is fixed on the outside if the inside is still broke. One of the characters gets the lap-band and is not very happy even though she lost the weight, cause she had bigger problems. Internal problems, I got them too.

I think the main thing here is that I have to get over my emotional breakdown, and get my ass working out. Otherwise I will be more pissed off, and emo, and fat!

I wish sometimes my life was easy was Cinderella-y. Like Romantic Comedy, however my problem is I am hiding out in the house, blaming my Step Mother. Someone tell me to get over myself! Where are my pack girls? Anyone is the mood for a Cinderella Pack?


Wish me out of my Funkadelic way!

Happy Monday Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment