Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day Ten - Vegan (242 day til 30)

“For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.”
— Wendell Berry

I come to you today with a heavy heart. If you haven't heard, which I find hard to believe, the island of Haiti was hit with a 7.0 magnitude earthquake late Tuesday night. I am Haitian, and the last 36 hours has been a nightmare. Places where I once played, ate, hung out, have been destroyed, along with lives.

I was blessed enough, that my family, who are still in Haiti, are safe. But so many are not, its heartbreaking. The news just keeps showing suffering, and pain; as much as I want to stop watching, stop seeing the pain, my heart longs to be there. Brings me back to volunteering. I can't wait until I can actually do something, help my people. Give a hand, a shirt, glass of water, anything. Pray for them, pray me, pray for my country.

Whatever you can do, send donation, clothes, food, please, please, pleas, do it. Contact your local Red Cross () and see what you can do. It would mean the world to me.

One another note. I have hurt my back, and have been taking it easy, which I think its good for me right now. I am still vegan though. And Honestly as an emotional eater I really want chocolate. but instead I am drinking water which need since I am flooded with tears.

Please help when you can, and pray for them.

All my Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment