Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day Two - Vegan (250 Days til 30)

“Good health is yours for the choosing. You have to want it.”
— Joseph C. Piscatella

Okay I am sure I don't know you well enough to tell you this, but since you don't know me well enough to tell people, I know I am just going to come out with it. Vegan food, even though quite tasty, gives you gas. No not that once in a while gas, but that every 15 mins gas. Its funny and terrible all at the same time, lol. Just thought I would have to tell you that in case you decide that this is something you might want to do.

Anyways, Yesterday went well I was very energized from my morning workout and was guite pleased with the Vegan food on my plate. I had Oatmeal in the morning, which might have been the best oatmeal I have ever had in my life. (Apple Juice is the Key people!) Then at the Interim Cafe, I mean really, who knew you could make a veggie patty taste good- Not Me, I had a patty melt. Dinner, was a little too salady. I really needed some fake me out meat to feel like I eat something real. But it was good. All in all day one was quite enjoyable.

I even checked in with Laurel and she managed through her first Vegan day too. It is easier for her I think with the whole vegetarian thing. But I am proud of her nonetheless. She also took her first boxing lesson, which I am jealous about. I need a gym membership. I should check the YMCA. Anyways, all in all everyone made it through day one satisfied, and a little gassy.
--

One bad sleeping night can totally effect how you wake up when your on a resolution mission, especially if it has to do with working out. So My parents are in town visiting and I gave them my house for a few night, and went to stay with my sisters family next door. I live alone so they get there own place that way. Well here is the thing, I stayed in my Nephew room, and his bed was horrible. To the point where I think this kid will have back issues when he is older. Its terrible. Anyways, I woke up all bitchy and not wanting to work out. But I dragged myself out of bed and came to my house ready to workout. But when I got here my parents were up and my mom was using my stuff. Fine and dandy you know, but it threw me off. So instead I decided I would write to you guys first.

This is a great situation, because I have to decided what to do. I have to make the conscious decision that even though my daily schedule has changed, I still have to do what I promise myself. That is my problem I get easily distracted and frustrated and give up. And giving up isn't going to cut it anymore. So I have to push through, so that that Dragon dies.

Its true for everything in life, you will have ups and downs, but if you stay focused and determined to do what you have to do, nothing can throw you off track but you. Remember that. You make your own fate. You and you alone.

I have this list of things I am going to do, but I am taking each one day at a time. Because thats another thing if you overwhelm yourself, you end up throwing yourself under the bus. Thinking about that.

Okay, since my yoga mat is free, I am off. Happy Tuesday Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment