Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day Sixteen - Vegan (236 Days til 30)


Hey Everybody, sorry I have been MIA for so long. With the past week events I have been a bit emotional, and not to mention my back was hurting. I took me a while to get myself back together and start focusing on what my goals are.

So lets catch up. In the past week, even without exercise I still managed to lose 1.1 lbs just by being Vegan, fab huh? The good thing is I am not craving meat anymore. The great thing is there is only a few days left and I can have Sushi! I have decided that I will be a Pescetarian, a vegetarian who eats fish, for about a month before I venture back towards the meat. So I can't wait for the Sushi!

I started today with the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. And Let me say OMW!!! It was Hard!! And its only a 20 min workout, insane right? But I feel good. I have never sweated so much in my life. I just hope tomorrow I can do it again. I am also going to check out her website for her Diet recommendation.

On another Resolution Note. I am sure you remember my goal to volunteer more. Yesterday was Martin Luther King Day, otherwise know as the Official day of Service. I went along with my sister and nephew to the Venice Boys and Girls Club to volunteer. It felt so good to do for others. It felt even better to hear my 10 yr old nephew ask me if he can volunteer more with me. Thats what its all about, getting other people involved to help others.

With Everything that is going on in Haiti, I would like to add a resolution. I want to go to Haiti this summer for a month and rebuild. My Goal is to get at least 30 volunteers to come in one week or more increments and help rebuild the country I hold so dear to my heart. I want to go during the summer, so if you know of anyone who would be interested please let me know.

Happy Tuesday Everybody!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! I didn't tell you before because I didn't think I could do it, but I also made a vegan resolution for New Year's. Now that I have a little more confidence in myself I can ask you, let's support each other. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! I am proud of you too. Thats so excited!!

    ReplyDelete