Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day Three - Vegan (249 Days til 30)

“Real beauty isn't about symmetry or weight or makeup; it's about looking life right in the face and seeing all its magnificence reflected in your own.”
— Valerie Monroe

Good Morning All! Lets get started. Day 2 of Vegan was a little harder in the food department. We has pasta last night, with this unbearable sauce, I really missed my Alfredo. Thank Gosh Mom came to the recuse; she made the vegetable soup I love, and I just stuck with that. I can also say that the gassiness is gone too.

Anyways, if you have a chance to pick up the January issue of Self Magazine, you should check out the section "This Is Your Year for Slim". It gives you some great tips on simple ways to getting thin. Its interesting when you think that doing things as simple as changing your bread from whole wheat to high fiber bread, or even keeping a food journal can make a difference in your weight loss. The magazine also has some great work outs and even one by Jillian Michaels. So you should check it out. I even had to order the year because it was so great. You can get a subscription for $8, thats an amazing deal since one magazine is $4.

Thats enough shameless plugging for now. ;) I started today off with an intense weight lifting curcit, so I am feeling energized. I also looked into signing up at LA Fitness. The thing about going to a gym is that its hard to get yourself motivated if you just go by your self. I think LA Fitness will be good, because I will have my sister and my friend Brittani who also go there. Work out buddies make exercising easier.

Eventually I will have to start working towards my other resolutions. One being Volunteering more. Since MLK Day is coming up, and has now become the National Day of Volunteering, its only right that I start looking towards that resolution.

I checked out www.Serve.gov, its a great site that the government has set up to get people involved in their community. So I have signed myself up for Mural Painting in Venice at the Boy and Girls Club on MLK Day. I am looking forward to it. If you need an added motivation to perhaps volunteering yourself, try signing up for Give a Day. Get a Disney Day. If you volunteer once this year, for any of the Disney sponsored Volunteer events, Disney will give you a free pass to the Magic Kingdom. If thats not incentive what is?

Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, eight bucks is a deal for a year subscription, I'll have to look into that. Sounds like you are continuing to be very motivated!! Let me know how the workouts go.

    ReplyDelete